Welcome to Maxwell Group of Logistics Companies
Maxwell Contract Warehousing Ltd started business in Christchurch in 1988 as a privately owned company. Maxwell Logistics Ltd also started business in Christchurch in 2000.
Both remain privately owned and comprise the Maxwell Group of Logistics Companies.
Maxwell is best described as a third party logistics operation, offering clients services which range from customs clearance, order picking and assembly, product management, packaging, distribution, value-added solutions and order management.
We have been the warehousing and logistics arm of many national and international businesses for over 20 years. We take pride in tailoring our clients’ warehousing and logistical requirements to meet their customers’ needs. We have a large range of different clients- ranging from hardware to food. By managing a diverse range of products we have developed flexibility, responsiveness and knowledge which in turn paves the way for our clients to further excel in their industries and focus on selling their product.
Warehousing and Distribution
Established in 1988, Maxwell Contract Warehousing Ltd is a leading provider of New Zealand-wide 3PL services to a range of FMCG, hardware, hi-tech and clothing companies. It remains privately owned. It operates from Christchurch and Auckland.
International Freight and Customs Services
Established in 2000, Maxwell Logistics Ltd specialises in providing international freight services to clients. It manages clients’ products from their places of manufacture to their customers in New Zealand.
- 1988 Maxwell Contract Warehousing Ltd established
- 1990 Moved to food grade facilities in Halswell Junction Road with storage up to 10.5m.
- 1994 Warehouse Management System software upgraded to be a fully partitioned, relational database
- 1995 Installed our first Electronic Data Interface (EDI) link with clients
- 1996 Integrated freight module
- 1997 Enabled bar-coding and freight track and trace
- 1998 Automatic invoicing
- 1999 Automated KPI management and inbound manifests
- 2001 Online client access to security partitioned data warehouse
- 2002 Operations review incorporating cross-docking and flow-through options for clients
- 2003 Introduced RF technology
- 2004 Remote administration of our warehouses
- 2005 Built 2,500 sq metres warehouse expansion
- 2008 Built 7,800 sq metre purpose-built FMCG facility. Comprehensive CCTV security systems installed.
- 2009 ASKMAX portal introduced to provide clients with real time information
- 2012 Racking systems were replaced with Dexion MK8 pallet racking. It is designed to a hazard factor of Wellington of 0.4, on soil type D.
- 2014 Sign on glass EDI links with Maxwell’s major freight partners, enabling online track and trace, online Proof of Delivery and real time order status.
- 2016 Phil Donnithorne and family celebrated managing the business for 20 years